About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Monday, November 28, 2011

TERRIBLE TECH TERRORS lead to historical time-travel for this writer

This is a whacked out crazy world.  While mayhem explodes in the stores on Black Friday, at least shoppers can't pepper-spray each other on Cyber Monday.  May as well pepper-spray me though, as I sit here with a huge sinus condition/headache and try to (time and time again) log into this blog-site.  Ye gads, it may as well be Fort Knox for all the rigamarole Google has put me through this morning!

Technology has gone berserk, or have we gone berserk for technology?  Both, I would say. No matter how frustrated we get over our smart phone malfunctions, computer virus's; no matter how many electronic toys we buy and throw aside a each year, and no matter how many hours (yes, hours!) we waste speaking to India...we are drawn like moths to the flame; it is after all, a technological world these days and we must keep up or fade into antiquity.

With that said, perhaps this is why I love to write of times past. Perhaps this is what draws me to a time before the technological take-over, before women played football with the big boys, or carried guns in overseas wars. Frankly, I don't see what's so darn necessary about having to prove feminine macho-ism in camouflage, tote a (high tech of course) killing machine and kill our fellow earthlings. Women have been toting guns and fighting off men, animals, invaders and what-not since time began, but they did it in skirts in most cases, and not camouflage.  I like strong women, I like to write about strong women, and women are most definitely strong! But, I am missing my topic this morning, which began as my frustration with technology. We will save strong women for the next post. In the meantime, if you want to read about a strong woman, read my first novel "Broken Chords." Now there was a gun-toting prairie woman who didn't depend on technology or have to deal with Google's Fort Knox security system if she wanted to log into her own blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only STRONG people, women AND men are interesting.

Today, I think it could be argued, because of our technology we have too many of the weak among us. Too many could be our undoing. A weak people do not survive.

I wonder.....would a nice hot chili pepper help your sinus?

Total Pageviews