About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

Ah yes, we have had rain on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Rose bushes are ready to bloom, azaleas are spectacular, veggies are growing, as well as the new flower garden I planted in the veggie garden -- fenced in to keep them from the deer. Even the strawberry patches are covered in screen-tents this year; hopefully we will get the ripe strawberries before the critters do. Not that I mind feeding the wildlife, as I am a great animal advocate, but please guys, leave some for us! Last summer a turtle enjoyed taking bites out of all the strawberries. It was a mystery until the fellow appeared next to me while I weeded. He didn't mind one bit that I was there to witness his feast!

TANGLEWOOD PLANTATION II: We have a family wedding coming up this month as well as the completion of construction at our home. This writer, needless to say, is very busy  not writing.  I have, however, managed to continue Cherry's story on my off moments. Many twists and turns coming up, my friends. Cherry and Summer's new journey is exciting, to say the least, and I am thrilled to be part of it.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Total Pageviews