About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Monday, March 11, 2013

WHAT'S IN A NAME..and other business

'Izzy Pratt of the Chesapeake' has been on my mind, but more in a need for changing her surname than in creative story telling. It turns out that Izzy Pratt's surname must be changed because in real life,  'Pratt' is a big name in Baltimore. Because Izzy Pratt's tale involved the Chesapeake Bay, which includes Baltimore...well, you can well imagine the confusion it could bring if a Pratt family member happened to read Izzy's tale and wondered if, somehow, the author (me, of course) was involving them in a story of fiction.  Hmmm.  That could be quite ugly considering the adventures for which Izzy is bound. Put on the brakes! Izzy is temporarily on the shelf. Drat! When this author comes up with a name, it is (honestly) the way the character introduced her/his self,  so for me, this is a conundrum. 

REVIEWS:  Yep, back to reviews again, which I have posted previously that I do read and find very helpful.  Reviews for "Tanglewood Plantation II, Adventure in the Everglades" are very mixed.  It seems that the readers (you!) either love it or hate it. Much research went into this tale, and it  certainly is not a story that was tossed together like salad and beamed up to Amazon. Thankfully, that is not my style. Instead, I spend many hours researching places and events; my goal, to be historically correct.  The 'other-worldly' aspects of Tanglewood are brought upon by my interest in the paranormal and the fact that I am totally enthralled with the idea of traveling back in time to meet my ancestors.If you think on it, the fact that you, my reader, are even on earth and reading my book, is because your ancestors were strong enough over the eons to survive obstacles that you and I might find insurmountable.  Therefore, you have been created because of their endurance...fascinating!

There are many ideas rolling around in my head for a third and final sequel to Tanglewood Plantation, but I honestly cannot say if it will happen. We all appreciate the fact that sometimes sequels can be like beating a dead horse.  In the meantime, While Izzy is on vacation, and Summer, Guy and the gang (that includes the dashing Capt. Ruiz) are discussing what to do about a Tanglewood III, this author is not sitting idle! I am writing my friends, but shhhhh, the subject is a secret!

No comments:

Total Pageviews