About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

HOLY TURKEY GOBBLER IT'S T-DAY ALREADY!

 Sometimes the fingers fly across the keys, and sometimes they move as if stuck in the sludge - or, perhaps they don't move at all. This is commonly known as 'writer's block'. I would call it a complete and total creative mind shut-down. Helloooo! Is anyone out there? Summer? Captain? I know they're in New Orleans but they seem to have forgotten to communicate with me. They can't continue without my direction, which I would be happy to give  if only they would call out my name!

So, I wait. I wait for them to break down the barrier that has temporarily separated us and in the meantime, I wonder how in the world we got from Halloween to Thanksgiving so quickly? It's a mysterious blur in my mind; the speed of life is gaining on me, friends. All of a sudden it's hustle-bustle turkey time and there is no shortage of it here;  the mind  wraps around pumpkin pie and turkey dressing and cleaning the house for company while  Summer Woodfield and Captain Ruiz are left standing on Royal Street in New Orleans ignoring me. A conundrum. BUT, this too shall pass!

In the meantime, I do wish you all the very best of Thanksgiving holidays. Despite the woes of our world (of which there are many) we are truly blessed to live in the land of the free.  This Thanksgiving, please remember the thousands of folks in the Philippines who have lost loved ones, along with their homes a belongings. Reach out and help in any way you can.




No comments:

Total Pageviews