About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Monday, May 13, 2013

A BIG BEAUTIFUL WORLD!

Greetings from the Chesapeake. This author returned one week ago (exactly) from a visit to beautiful Italy, Croatia & Slovenia and honestly, it has taken me this much time to recuperate. I was very near a state of zombiism (is that a word?) for the first 3 days, but the bonds of jet-lag have released and I'm free to return to normal. Amen.

Prior to leaving this country, I arranged with my cell phone company an international data plan so that I could post blogs and photos from my travels. Well...the best laid plans... In my head, all should have been accomplished with the flick of the stylus. Where did it all go wrong? Not only could I not post, I couldn't even connect to the internet! Ah the mysteries of technology--or perhaps human blundering? It remains to be seen. ATT and I are bound for a little chat.

Next up?  New Orleans for research! Oh yes, New Orleans, the home of Captain Ruiz. As you well know, I do believe in research before (and as) I write, so off to New Orleans for the feel, the smell, the experience, the history.  New Orleans did play a big part in the Civil War era and I eagerly anticipate a visit to the Louisiana Civil War Museum, as well as strolling the streets and familiarizing myself with the old city, itself.

Big events coming up in the Tanglewood Plantation trilogy. Summer Woodfield still has an adventure or two left in her, and won't she be surprised!

No comments:

Total Pageviews