About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

OFF TO THE BIG EASY

This is it, friends and readers; off to the Big Easy this week. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go~(60's songs were the best!). Off to New Orleans for the sights, smells, history and total experience; an experience that will guide my hand in writing the final episode of Summer Woodfield's misadventures in the mysterious dimension of time-travel.

 Often, I wonder why it is I'm so infatuated with the Civil War era and I've narrowed it down to Scarlet, Mammy, Prissy and Rhett. It was 'book before movie' for this avid reader and that was many, many years ago. From page one, I was in love--in love with the clothes, the characters, the slaves and...the Spanish moss!  Oh yes, Spanish moss is close to my heart! It's a beautiful work of art that lends visual magic to any southern setting. Let's just say there ain't no 'Southern' without the moss. Long may it live!

With high hopes and great anticipation I begin the week ahead. My high-tech tools will charge today to be at the ready for any and all things that will lend history and detail to Summer's final chapter. With an empty bag tucked into my suitcase, I go, and with a full bag I return; a bag of history, maps, details, visions, photos, notes and memories. Armed to the gills!

Thanks to my readers for their reviews of my stories. It is very difficult to please everyone's tastes in literature and, yes, I am deflated when I have disappointed a reader's expectations. Let me assure you that I spend much time in research and 10 times as many hours in writing, rewriting, editing, cutting and in general, just trying to put together a entertaining yet true-to-history story.  For me, the story is an adventure as well; it is new, it is the road less traveled, and I am grateful for  every day that I can sit with that first cup of coffee and a blank page--an empty canvas-- just begging for the journey to begin.

Many more tales to tell!

No comments:

Total Pageviews