About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS...

Greetings friends and readers,

Can you believe we are now mid-summer? It's scientifically proven that the older we get, the quicker time seems to pass. It's our metabolism and there isn't a darn thing we can do about it.  So, with time passing at the speed of light, this author must coordinate her head and hands to hit the keyboard and get back to work.  I've concluded two research trips to New Orleans this summer and still have reading to do regarding research, but how wonderful to experience the French Quarter, the Trolleys, the French Market, the Beignets , the riverboat Natchez, the Mississippi and New Orleans in general, in person.

I do so wish I could step back in time with Summer Woodfield, and walk the streets of the French Quarter in 1864 in a hooped skirt and bonnet. In a way, I will be doing just that as 'Adventure in New Orleans' progresses.  In my imagination, I can picture the narrow streets a'clutter with a modge-podge of people, black, white, French, American, Spanish; the seamen, the soldiers, the hookers oh my! Imagine the parade of lives, the characters who have walked those streets, lived, loved, laughed and cried, as the decades and centuries pass.  This is my fascination---what passed before, and I will bring this to you, my readers, as Summer experiences New Orleans in the midst of the Civil War, on a mysterious time-travel quest that has her mind-boggled as to the reason she has fallen into this particular journey.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your description of Summer's adventure stirred my imagination! Sounds like it will be another great book.

Total Pageviews