About Me

I was born in Quincy, Illinois. Spent my childhood in many places: Illinois, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas VI, Casper, Wyoming,Scottsdale, Arizona. Married, three children, one Yorkshire Terrier, one Yorkshire TERROR, a very supportive husband, and let's not forget one scary Amazon parrot who shares our lovely home on Chesapeake Bay.

Friday, August 9, 2013

ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO BACK

Oh my, what happened to July? Time truly is passing at the speed of light and yet I feel as if I'm still at square #1. RESEARCH, folks. The bane of the writer; all time consuming, mind boggling, and sometimes quite confusing.

First off, I started the post-New Orleans trip with some rather extensive surgery which recovery has slowed me down some. Oh, but these motors don't stay down for long and I'm chugging along; not at full speed yet, but I'm working on it. I may be a snail at the moment, but I'll catch up to the hare.

Ever heard of Fort Jefferson, a fort built on a spit of an island in the Dry Tortugas in the Gulf of Mexico? You can take a tour there (by boat) from Key West, and perhaps some of you have been there. It is, in fact, where Dr. Mudd was incarcerated after being convicted as a conspirator in the assassination of President Lincoln. Let's just say Fort Jefferson has me in check-mate at the moment.  The National Park group down in Key West has been so very helpful in my research. They've bent over backward to help me get a grip of  the construction and life at the fort. Very helpful folks. And just what does this have to do with the price of rice at Tanglewood Plantation?  Just everything, at the moment! Oh, but this is all secret stuff, so I can't give away too much information.

*By the way folks, good and interesting show to watch on Discover channel:  http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid

Keep tuned..... 

No comments:

Total Pageviews